Use machine learning and big data to build successful data products and ecosystems.
Do you ever dream? Dream to apply your machine learning skills to benefit hundreds of millions of users every day! Do you like challenges? Challenges to manage rich data in petabytes, challenges to process and mine gold from over tens of terabytes incremental data every day, challenges to build and manage engineering team, define and lead priorities everyday.
Mobstaz Corporation is a tech startup based in heart of the Silicon Valley. Our vision is to create a personalization platform with 360-degree consumer intelligence at the core. We leverage machine learning techniques to gain a strong understanding of our customers’ underlying interests and financial health, use that information to make smarter decisions, and help our business partner to deploy capital and resources more effectively.
We are looking for Engineering Manager to develop and design the future of the company. You will be essentially running our office in Silicon Valley, you will guide and manage engineers and data scientists, you will be communicating with senior industry veteran advisors.
What’s expected of the role:
• Take the ownership to design the end goal and paths of data and model products
• Lead and day-to-day manage a small size team of highly skilled engineers and data scientists
• Lead technical architecture discussion and quality code deliver
• Anticipate and manage issues and risks
• Lead and participate in machine learning models development, debug and implementation process
• Hands-on work with very large complex data sources such as mobile behavior data, financial transactions and financial behavior data
• Ensure standardization, automation and optimization of approaches, frameworks, and toolsets
• Lead agile development and project planning
• Identify and articulate resources/dependencies needed (people and technology)
• Foster continuous improvement in your team members
• Own the relationships with other teams
• Manage teams to root-cause data problems, devise robust fixes and correct the impacted data
• Present to external partners/investors in a concise and convincing manner
What it takes to be successful on this role:
• Passion, Curiosity, Leadership & Expertise
• Aptitude to pick up new learnings
• Strong software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Java, C++, Python
• Strong background in applying machine learning techniques to predictive modeling and experience with software packages such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow
• Fluency in big data platforms such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark
• Experience in engineering team management and project management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Master’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related disciplines
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.